The mission of the Plainville Schools is to promote lifelong learning throughout the community and to prepare students to become responsible, contributing members of a changing society by providing a challenging, rigorous educational program.
In support of our mission, we are committed to the following beliefs:
- We promote excellence in instruction and student achievement in a creative and innovative atmosphere that fosters critical thinking.
- All students should acquire, and use wisely, essential skills and content knowledge in an environment that promotes higher-level thinking skills across the curriculum.
- Teaching students to become independent life-long learners is essential in preparing them for a changing society.
- Each student possesses unique talents and gifts and should be encouraged to use them to reach their maximum individual potential.
- All students and staff should be encouraged to attain high standards of achievement.
- Parents, in partnership with schools, are an integral part of their child's learning.
- All students should be able to communicate effectively through reading, writing, speaking, mathematics, the arts, and technology.
- All students should develop a sense of self-discipline, self-respect, self-reliance and demonstrate social and civic responsibility.
- Student learning is promoted through a safe and orderly environment, free of prejudice, drugs, violence and harassment.
- Ongoing opportunities for the professional growth and development of staff are essential for continued school growth and improvement.
- Community involvement should be actively solicited, encouraged, and developed.
All students should understand, respect and appreciate the racial, ethnic, and cultural diversity of our society and the democratic principles upon which this nation was built.
The Plainville Public Schools is an exemplary and dedicated educational organizational committed to providing a supportive learning environment that fosters intellectual, physical, emotional and social development for all. This student-centered community of learners supports high expectations in settings that are flexible, interchangeable and technologically advanced.
Driven by the belief that all children can learn and succeed, we provide a full range of educational services that are both innovative and proactive. Aware of the challenges of an uncertain future, we seek to provide our students with the skills, knowledge, values and expertise to succeed in work and life.
We collaborate with, value and appreciate a community long known for its extraordinary commitment to its children and schools.