Essential Questions For English Language Arts
Questions That Guide Our Instruction
· What do good readers do?
· What do good readers do to understand?
· What habits and routines do lifelong readersdevelop?
· Whatdo good listeners do?
· Whatdo good listeners do to understand?
· How doI choose a just right book?
· Whatdo I think and feel about what I read? Why do I think and feel this way?
· What are my strategies for reading this text? How do I know if they’re working?
· What kind of text is this? What structures can I expect to see? How doesthat affect the way I read?
· What is the author trying to tell me? How do Isupport my thinking?
· How do I know if I understand what I’mreading? What do I do with thatinformation?
· What makes me motivated to read?
· How does the author make the text come alive?