David P. Raiche
February 24, 2021
Dear Staff and Parents/Guardians:
At the school committee last evening, the Committee approved a Plan to change the amount of in-person time that students in grades kindergarten, grade 1 and grade 2 attend school from the current hybrid learning plans. This plan will become effective on Monday, March 8, 2021.
As per my recommendation, the Committee approved changing the kindergarten hybrid learning model from 4 half days to 4 full days per week, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday of each week and Wednesday continuing as a full remote-only learning day. Kindergarten students will continue to be given the option of continuing in a remote-only learning model or changing to a 5 days per week model (Wednesday being a remote day).
Also, the Committee approved changing the grade 1 and grade 2 students who currently attend the 2-day per week hybrid learning in-house model to a 4-day per week hybrid learning in-house model, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday of each week and Wednesday continuing as a full remote-only learning day. In addition, all grade 1 and 2 students will be given the option of continuing in a remote-only learning model or changing to a full remote-only learning model. There will no longer be a 2-day in-house per week option.
You should have received a survey today asking you which model you want your child to be enrolled in starting Monday, March 8, 2021. Please respond to the survey as soon possible, as the deadline is this Friday, February 26, 2021.
I have included the link to the presentation which I shared at last evening’s school committee meeting. Superintendent's Recommendations to Increase In-Person Learning within the Hybrid Model
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have questions or concerns.
David P. Raiche, Superintendent of Schools
General Information For Parents
- Daily Screening Checklist
- ReEntry Plan for 2020 2021
- School Cleaning and Disinfecting
- Health and Safety Protocols
- Covid-19 Related Protocols
- ReOpening Plan Presented on August 6 2020
- Family Survey on Reopening Plans 8 4 2020
- Staff Survey on Reopening Plans 8 4 2020
- Preliminary School Reopening Plan
- Annual Asbestos Notification
- Summer Meal Program Available at King Philip High School
- DESE Family Letter dated May 8 2002
- School Closure Extended Through End of Academic Year
- Supt Memo to Parents on State Plan for Remote Learning March 30 2020
- Letter from DESE Commissioner Jeff Riley - March 30
- School District Update - March 27
- Regional Immediate Press Release - March 25
- Coronavirus Update March 16: Town Buildings Closed to the Public
- Regional Immediate Press Release - March 16
- Regional Immediate Press Release - March 13
- March 11th Message from the Supt of Schools
- COVID-19 Printable Fact Sheets from Mass.gov (available in multiple languages)
- March 9th Message from the Supt of Schools
- Guidance for Keeping Workplace, School and Home Safe
- Important Information about Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Talking to Children about Violence