STUDENT SERVICES AND SPECIAL EDUCATION OFFICE
COMMITTEE: Plainville Public School Parent Advisory Council DATE: 1/20/2021 TIME: 7:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Anna Ware Jackson School 68 Messenger Street Plainville, MA 02762 ROOM: Zoom Meeting
(US) +1 346-248-7799
PURPOSE: Monthly Meeting
(weekly meeting, monthly meeting, etc.)
REQUESTED BY: Marybeth Rippberger
ALL MEETING NOTICES MUST BE FILED AND TIME STAMPED IN THE TOWN CLERK’S OFFICE AND POSTED ON THE MUNICIPAL BULLETIN BOARD 48 HOURS PRIOR TO THE MEETING (EXCLUDING SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS, AND HOLIDAYS – MONDAY MEETINGS MUST BE POSTED BY THE PRIOR THURSDAY). (In accordance with G.L. Chapter 30A Sect. 18-25)
LIST OF TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED
Call Meeting to Order
Review and approve December 2020 meeting minutes
- If anyone is looking for SEPAC information they need to fill out a form from the office with their information. This will give us the ability to streamline the information effectively to us so we can reach out to you directly.
- Working with Mrs Pasquinonio to set up an eyeglass drive at both schools for the month of March through the Lions Club. More info to follow.
- SCHOOL AND HEALTH AND WELLNESS UPDATES
Discuss old business-
- We want to keep this information available and will be compiling a list of more resources soon. Community resources & support available Places: Beyond The Bell Educational Services (Nancy Mager, owner), Plainville Kuehnel Psychological Services (Dr. Carolyn Kuehnel, owner), Franklin People: Dot Pearl, Director of Wellness for Norfolk, Plainville, Wrentham & King Philip Schools has experience at writing Social Emotional grants. Caitlin Gibbs, Senior Director of Health Innovation at Hockomock Area YMCA. If there are any questions as to how to get in touch with a person, please let us know directly.
- Speakers: Speaking to and connecting with Kristin Skeffington and Josh Lechtor in regards to having an online Help and Q&A Session on subjects to be determined.
- Resource fair is still a possibility for this year but has not been determined. In the meantime, if there are any suggestions or vendors we should add to our list, please reach out.
Open Discussion - Parent Support and Questions
If you need this page translated into__________, please contact the Student Services office (508) 699 - 1309.
Si necesita esta página traducida al español, por favor, póngase en contacto con la oficina de administración (508) 699 - 1309
Si ou bezwen paj sa a tradui nan kreyòl, tanpri kontakte biwo a administrasyon an.（508) 699 - 1309
如果你需要这个页面翻译成普通话，请与行政办公室（508）699 - 1309
તમે આ પાનું ગુજરાતી અનુવાદ જરૂર હોય તો, વહીવટ ઓફિસ સંપર્ક કરો. (508) 699 - 1309
Se você precisar desta página traduzida em português, por favor, entre em contato com o escritório de administração (508) 699 -1309
آپ اردو میں ترجمہ اس صفحے کی ضرورت ہے تو، انتظامیہ کے دفتر رابطہ کریں (508)699-1309
Haddii aad u baahan this page turjumay somali, fadlan la xiriir xafiiska maamulka (508) 699 -1309
PolishJeśli potrzebujesz tej strony w języku polskim, proszę skontaktować się z biurem administracji (508)699 - 1309
PLAINVILLE PUBLIC SCHOOL PRESS RELEASE
During the week of January 18, 2021, the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education’s Office of Public School Monitoring (PSM) will conduct a Tiered Focused Monitoring Review of the Plainville Public School District. The Office of Public School Monitoring reviews each district and charter school every three years to monitor compliance with federal and state special education and civil rights regulations. Areas of review related to special education include student assessments, determination of eligibility, the Individualized Education Program (IEP) Team process, and IEP development and implementation. Areas of review related to civil rights include bullying, student discipline, physical restraint, and equal access to school programs for all students.
Parent outreach is an important part of the TFM review process. The review chairperson from the Office of Public School Monitoring will send all parents of students with disabilities an online survey that focuses on key areas of their child’s special education program. Survey results will contribute to the development of a report. During the TFM review, the Office of Public School Monitoring will interview the chairperson(s) of the district’s Special Education Parent Advisory Council (SEPAC). Other onsite activities may include interviews of district staff and administrators, reviews of student records, and onsite observations.
Parents and other individuals may call Samantha Alvarez, Public School Monitoring Chairperson, at (781) 338-3752 to request a telephone interview. If an individual requires an accommodation, such as translation, to participate in an interview, the Department will make the necessary arrangements.
Within approximately 60 business days after the TFM review, the review chairperson will provide the Plainville Public School District with a report with information about areas in which the District meets or exceeds regulatory requirements and areas in which the District requires assistance to correct or improve practices. The public will be able to access the report at http://www.doe.mass.edu/psm/tfm/reports/.